Back pain is a reality for many people on a daily basis. Pain in the back can be caused by a variety of reason from injury to genetics. If you would like to relieve your pain without leaving your chair then this article is just for you. The following ways will show you how to stretch while sitting in your chair or on the couch to relieve pain.
1. Lower back pain: First sit forward in your chair and then bring one knee to your chest and grasp the back of the thigh. Pull the thigh gently towards the body and hold for 30 seconds. Then, slowly raise the leg then gently lower it. Repeat this with the other leg as well.
2. Shoulder pain: take a deep breath and bring the shoulders towards the ears. Hold this pose for three seconds. Then, exhale and release the shoulders. Do this ten or more times.
3. Foot pain: Put one of your feet in front of the other and tuck the toes of the back foot under itself on the floor. Hold this for 30 seconds and then slowly release the toes and then switch feet and repeat.
4. Wrist pain: Make a fist with the hands and then put the fist in front of you. Make circles in the air with the wrist and repeat ten times in each direction, clockwise and counterclockwise.
5. Chest muscle pain place the hands on the back of the head with the elbows looking like wings. Reach the elbows towards the wall and squeeze the shoulder blades together. Hold this for 30 seconds and then slowly return the elbows back to the starting position.
6. Hip pain: Sit forward in your chair with your back straight and rotate the torso a bit to the right. Take the left leg and extend it behind you. Keep the right leg at a right angle and lift he chests and press the hips to the floor. Hold this pose for 30 seconds and then slowly return to the starting position then repeat for the other side.
7. Glute pain: Sit forward in your chair and place the right ankle on the left knee and lean forward. You should feel a stretch in the glutes, but don’t push too hard. Hold this pose for at least 30 seconds then sit back up slowly. Repeat this with the other leg.
8. Middle/upper back pain: Give yourself a hug and place the right hand on the left should and the left hand on the right shoulder. Take deep breaths and hold for 30 seconds then slowly release.
9. Knee pain sit forward in your chair with the feet flat on the ground. Slowly bring yourself to a standing position in one fluid motion then slowly sit back down. Do this at least ten times.
10. Neck pain: Sit forward in your chair with your back straight and the feet flat on the ground. Tilt the head to one side and bring the ear to your shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then slowly bring the head back to the middle. Repeat on the other side.