Stretch marks are narrow streaks or lines that occur on the surface of the skin when it is stretched. Both men and women are susceptible to stretch marks, particularly on the thighs, hips, arms, buttocks, abdominal area, and lower back. There are many causes of stretch marks, such as rapid weight gain or weight loss, pregnancy, excessive workout training, hormonal changes etc. These natural remedies will help to smooth and fade stretch marks without the risk of chemicals and surgery.
1. POTATO JUICE
Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells.
- Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices.
- Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes. Make sure the starch from the potato covers the affected area.
- Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
2. EGG WHITES
Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you want to use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.
- Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.
- Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.
- Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
- Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch for positive results.
3. LEMON JUICE
Another simple way to lessen stretch marks is to use lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne, and other scars.
- Rub fresh lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks using circular motions. Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas.
- Gently rub the mixture on the skin for a few minutes every day before taking a shower.
- Do this for a month or so and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
5. OLIVE OIL
Olive oil contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that help improve various skin problems including stretch marks.
- Massage slightly warm extra-virgin olive oil into the affected skin area. This will improve the blood circulation and reduce the stretch marks to a great extent.
- Leave it for half an hour so that the vitamins A, D and E present in the oil are absorbed by the skin.
You can also mix olive oil with vinegar and water and use it as a night cream. This will keep your skin stay moisturized and also exfoliate the skin.
6. ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. Its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks. There are a couple of ways to apply it.
- You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to make a mixture with one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture onto the skin until fully absorbed. Repeat this process daily.
7. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is also very beneficial in treating stretch marks. Being an excellent natural moisturizer, it helps nourish your skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- You must apply cocoa butter over the affected area at least two times a day for a few months.
- Another option is to make a mixture using half a cup of cocoa butter, one tablespoon of wheat germ oil, two teaspoons of grated beeswax and one teaspoon each of apricot kernel oil and vitamin E oil. Heat this mixture until the beeswax melts. You can store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator and apply it to your stretch marks two to three times a day. This mixture will make your skin more hydrated and smooth.
Keeping your body well hydrated helps protect the skin from many kinds of problems and also aids in detoxification. It also helps keep the skin supple and restores elasticity.
Try to drink one to two glasses of water several times during a day. Experts say drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is the best way to keep the body hydrated.
It will also make your skin soft and help maintain its elasticity. It is advisable to avoid coffee, tea or soda though.
9. Castor Oil
Castor oil, which is used in the treatment of a number of skin problems such as wrinkles, age spots, moles, dark spots, fine lines and pimples, can also be used to get rid of stretch marks.
- Apply some castor oil to the stretch marks and gently massage the area in circular motions for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a thin, cotton cloth. Using a hot water bottle or a heating pad, apply some heat to the affected area for at least a half an hour.
- Repeat this process daily for a minimum of one month to notice positive results.
These natural remedies can help stretch marks fade, but they may not completely remove them. You can always see your doctor if you are greatly concerned about the appearance of stretch marks on your skin.
Important note from the author:
Is it possible to melt away one to two pounds of stubborn body fat every single day?
It sounds insane, but according to the scientific proof — and the thousands who have already
done it themselves using this secret — the answer is YES.
You will never guess how it’s done… (Hint: It’s NOT about taking sketchy pills or killing
yourself at the gym).
That’s right – and it’s important to know that this isn’t about some “magic weight loss
shake,” or the “calories out-calories in” model that the medical community has been
trying to brainwash us with for decades.
Not at all.
It’s about a simple yet potent method developed and perfected by Brian Flatt – who is a
health & nutritionist coach, and also a personal trainer who has been in the fitness world
for over a decade.
See what all the buzz is about here The 3 Week Diet
nc_socialPanel swp_flatFresh swp_d_fullColor swp_i_fullColor swp_o_fullColor scale-100 scale-fullWidth” data-count=”7″ data-emphasize=”0″ data-float=”floatBottom” data-floatcolor=”#ffffff” data-position=”both”>