Garlic is one of those herbs that can be used in many different ways. These healthy uses for garlic may take you by surprise.
Garlic is best known as a herb and for the flavoring of food. Over the years, it has been used as medicine to prevent or treat a wide variety of diseases and conditions. It is used for many conditions that are related to heart and blood systems. Conditions include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attacks, and hardening of the arteries.
There are variations among garlic products that are sold for medicinal purposes. The active ingredient in garlic is allicin, depends on the method of preparation. Allicin can be unstable, and some manufacturers take advantage of this by aging garlic to make it odorless. This reduces the amount of allicin and compromises the effectiveness of the product.
Healthy uses for garlic:
1. Hardened arteries: as people get older the arteries lose the ability to stretch and flex. Garlic reduces this effects.
2. Colon cancer and rectal cancer: Research suggests that when garlic is eaten, it can reduce the risk of developing colon and rectal cancer. Taking high doses of aged garlic extract for 12 months reduces the risk of developing new tumors.
3. Stomach cancer: evidence suggests that eating more garlic can reduce the risk of developing stomach cancer.
4. High blood pressure: There is research that shows that garlic can reduce blood pressure in people that suffer from high blood pressure by 7-8 percent.
5. Tick bites: People who eat more garlic seem to have a lower attraction to ticks than people who don’t eat garlic.
6. Sinus cavities: eating crushed garlic that has been mixed with honey helps relieve clogged sinus pathways.
7. Bladder infections: consuming raw garlic fights bladder infections because of the antibacterial properties that garlic contains.
8. Bronchitis: Peel and chop garlic cloves and then place them in a glass of milk. Boil the milk and then drink the warm milk before bed.
9. Pink eye: rubbing raw garlic on an infected pink eye can help relieve the infection because of the antibacterial properties that garlic holds.
10. Bacteria killer: Obtain the juice from crushed garlic and you can use this on many infections.
11. Inflammation: garlic can be used to treat inflammation.
12. Normalizes blood pressure
13. Prevents heart damage
14. Prevents lung cancer
15. Prevent brain cancer
16. Prevent prostate cancer
17. Callus removal: mix a tsp. of dried chamomile with lemon juice and add a clove of crushed garlic and apply to a callus to remove it twice a day.
18. Sore throat: slice a garlic clove in half and put one-half of a clove in each cheek. Grind the teeth against the garlic while sucking the juice from it and it will relieve a sore throat.
19. Improves athletic performance
20. Improve bone health
21. Regulates fat cells
22. Helps the growth of hair
23. Acne: slice a garlic clove and apply it directly to breakouts as a remedy for acne. The antibacterial properties of garlic lessen the appearance of acne.
24. Cold sores: Raw garlic can work just as well as commercial treatments. Cut a clove in half and place it on the sore for 10 minutes.
25. Athlete’s foot: Garlic contains strong antifungal properties that make it good for treating fungal infections.
26. Ear infections: crush a clove of garlic and mix with a tsp. of hot olive oil for 5 minutes. Strain this mixture and allow it to cool before placing a few drops into the ear canal.
27. Splinter removal: Place a thin slice of garlic over the splinter and hold with a Band-Aid.
28. Prevent gas: regularly consuming garlic helps maintain intestinal health because it kills harmful bacteria and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria.
29. Yeast infections: The antifungal properties helps get rid of yeast infections in women.
30. Mole removal: using garlic oil can be used to remove moles. Apply it several times a day and cover with a bandage.
31. Get rid of colds: It is believed that the allicin in garlic can block enzymes that could impede bacterial and viral infections.
32. Help with hair loss: Massaging the scalp with garlic oil can regain your hair after hair loss.
33. Aphrodisiac: This natural herb has been used as an aphrodisiac since ancient times. It aids circulation, which pumps blood to the extremities.
34. Prevents Alzheimer’s
35. Detoxes the body from heavy metals.
36. Live longer by eating garlic
37. Improves iron metabolism
nc_socialPanel swp_flatFresh swp_d_fullColor swp_i_fullColor swp_o_fullColor scale-100 scale-fullWidth” data-count=”5″ data-emphasize=”0″ data-float=”floatBottom” data-floatcolor=”#ffffff” data-position=”both”>