Low blood pressure, also known as hypotension, is a condition in which a person’s blood pressure becomes so low that it causes symptoms like dizziness, fainting, fatigue, nausea, difficulty breathing, blurred vision, palpitations, and cold, clammy skin.
People with an ideal weight and who are physically fit and active generally have a blood pressure reading lower than what is considered normal at 120/80 mm Hg. Yet, this is not unhealthy, especially when the symptoms are not experienced.
However, when readings consistently remain around 90/60 mm Hg or lower, it is considered hypotension. Besides, when the blood pressure is extremely low, it may cause inadequate flow of blood to organs such as the brain, kidneys, and heart.
The condition can be caused by issues like dehydration, prolonged bed rest, nutritional deficiencies, a decrease in blood volume, heart problems, pregnancy, endocrine disorders, and neurological conditions.
Certain medications such as alpha blockers, beta blockers, diuretics, antidepressants, and others can also lead to low blood pressure.
When dealing with low blood pressure, it is usually suggested to increase your salt and fluid intake. Before increasing your salt consumption, do check with your doctor. Also, cut down on alcoholic beverages and high-carbohydrate foods such as bread, rice, pasta, and potatoes.
The proper treatment for this condition depends on the exact cause, but you can try some simple home remedies to alleviate symptoms.
Here are the top 12 home remedies for low blood pressure.
1. Salt Water
Salt water helps treat low blood pressure because the sodium in salt increases blood pressure. Do not overdo this remedy though, as excess salt can prove to be unhealthy. Simply mix one-half teaspoon of salt in a glass of water and drink it. You can also drink sports beverages.
The second remedy in the list of top 12 home remedies for low blood pressure I want to show you is ginger. In fact, ginger is an effective herb, which is used widely to heal both low and high blood pressures. This herb contains many beneficial compounds including certain powerful anti-oxidants along with plant chemicals such as gingerol, shogaol, and zingerone, which can help you to prevent the fluctuations in the levels of blood pressure.
Additionally, ginger also has anti–clotting and anti–spasmodic and anti–inflammatory, along with many useful properties that will assist in stimulating the blood circulation and thereby increasing the blood flow in order to get a proper blood pressure.
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 pot
- At first, you take the pot and then place the grated ginger in it.
- Next, you pour the boiling water to fill this grated ginger in the
- Then you cover the pot and let this steep for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Now, you strain the water and drink it as a tea to relieve low blood-pressure.
- You should drink this ginger tea every day for 1 or 2
Raisins are a traditional Ayurvedic remedy that is considered excellent for treating hypotension naturally.
- Soak 30 to 40 raisins in a cup of water overnight.
- Eat them in the morning, one at a time, on an empty stomach. You can also drink the water in which the raisins were soaked.
- Follow this remedy for a few weeks or even a month.
You can take about four to five almonds, 10 to 15 black currants, and 15 to 20 peanuts along with a glass of milk.
4. Holy Basil
Holy basil is beneficial for low blood pressure because it is rich in vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and pantothenic acid. Furthermore, it helps balance the mind and reduces stress.
- Extract the juice of 10 to 15 basil leaves.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this juice daily on an empty stomach.
You can also chew four to five basil leaves daily in the morning.
5. Licorice Root
Licorice root is another popular home remedy for normalizing low blood pressure caused by low levels of cortisol. It blocks the enzyme that breaks down cortisol and supports healthy adrenalin function. It is also effective in curing chronic fatigue syndrome.
- You can prepare licorice tea by steeping one teaspoon of this herb (dried or powdered) in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. You can take it daily for a few days.
- Alternatively, you can take about 400-500 mg of licorice root capsules for a few days.
6. Beetroot Juice
Raw beetroot juice is helpful in dealing with high as well as low blood pressure. For hypotension, drink a cup of beetroot juice twice daily for about one week. Other natural fruit juices are also considered helpful in this regard.
7. Natural Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure – Almonds and Milk
This is another traditional home remedy for low blood pressure.
- Soak five to six almonds in water overnight.
- In the morning, peel off the skin and grind the almonds into a smooth paste.
- Finally, boil the paste in a cup of milk. Drink a cup of this every morning.
8. Natural Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure – Rosemary & Olive Oil
This is also another herb that is beneficial in healing low blood-pressure. In fact, rosemary acts excellently by promoting your central nervous system to help in improving the blood circulation. Many years ago, people used this rosemary infused in white wine to regulate the blood pressure, headaches, and blood circulation, which results from this condition. But nowadays, people use rosemary ointment for massaging the chest and thereby raising the blood pressure.
You will need:
- ¼ cup of dried rosemary leaves
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 jar with its lid
- First of all, you put these dried rosemary leaves to the jar.
- Then, you pour the olive oil in it. You have to make sure that these dried leaves are covered completely in this oil.
- Next, you cover this jar with its lid and keep it sit aside for 2 to 3 days.
- After that, you take the mixture out of the oil and then strain it to another jar.
- Now, you continue to cover this tight with a new
- You wait for 30 minutes and you may apply this mixture on your
- You massage gently it for a few minutes with the oil and keep doing this process daily till you get rid of low blood-pressure completely.
- Or you may consume up to 10 ml of rosemary tincture daily to raise the blood pressure.
- Additionally, you may add the rosemary essential oil (3 to 5 drops) in a diffuser to get the aromatherapy benefits.
9. Carrot Juice
Starting your day with fresh carrot juice mixed with a little honey is an easy way to treat low blood pressure.
- Take a glass of carrot juice.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey in it.
- Drink it twice daily (on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening).
10. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is highly effective in treating high blood pressure, but it can also be used for low blood pressure, especially when it is caused by dehydration. In such cases, you can drink some lemon juice mixed with a little salt and sugar. It helps energize your body by stimulating the liver function and aiding in digestion. A glass of sugarcane juice mixed with a teaspoon of lemon juice and salt is also useful.
Along with these home remedies, get regular, mild exercise to promote blood flow. Avoid vigorous exercise and heavy lifting, though. Also, consult your doctor to check if any of your prescription medications are causing the problem.
Most of the people think that aniseed is useful for those who are suffering from high blood pressure. Nevertheless, it actually assists in increasing the blood pressure. This is because of its nutritious contents, which include calcium, potassium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc, and magnesium. All these minerals may raise the iron and potassium levels in the body and thereby help to raise the blood pressure.
In addition, aniseeds have a high source of essential B vitamins – complex vitamins like riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, and pyridoxine. The link between B vitamins and the low blood-pressure may be when your body is not supplied enough folate and vitamin B12, it can lead to anemia and thereby making the blood pressure drop tremendously.
Hence, it is better to consume foods that high in vitamin B and aniseeds are one of the natural foods rich in vitamin B. The intake of aniseeds every day will help you in increasing the blood pressure. Here are 4 effective home remedies for low blood pressure using aniseeds as the main ingredient that you should try.
You will need:
- Some aniseeds
- You simply take the aniseeds and use them while cooking.
- This can be considered as a wonderful spice which is used in Asian cuisine particularly for flavor.
- Or you may take the aniseeds and then use them to bake the cookies and breads.
- Keep using aniseeds on a regular basis to raise the blood pressure.
Remedy 2: Aniseed tea
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon of aniseeds
- 1 cup of hot or boiling water
- A pot
- A cup
- At first, you pour these aniseeds in the pot and put the hot water to fill these seeds.
- Then you let the seeds steep in water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, you strain the water into the cup and consume this water as a tea to get rid of this
- To get a better result, you should consume this aniseed tea for once per day until you stabilize the blood pressure levels.
12. Natural Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure with Basil & Honey
Basil is also another Ayurvedic remedy for healing low blood-pressure. Basil is high in vitamin C, magnesium, pantothenic acid, and potassium which can stabilize the blood pressure. In addition, it also assists you in balancing your mind and thereby decreasing all your stress levels in order to get a normal blood pressure. Here are 2 natural home remedies for low blood pressure using basil as the main ingredient that you can follow.
You will need:
- 10 to 15 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ cup of water
- At first, you crush the basil leaves finely.
- Then you put the crushed basil leaves to the sieve and then squeeze them to extract the basil juice.
- Now, you pour this juice in the water and stir them well.
- Or else you may put these leaves in a blender and pour a little water in it.
- After that, you add the honey to the mixture and mix them well.
- You should drink this juice in the morning on a daily basis when you have an empty stomach.
You will need:
- 4 to 6 basil leaves
- You simply wash the fresh basil leaves properly.
- Then you chew these leaves in the morning when you have an empty stomach.
- You should chew basil leaves every day
Important note from our editor:
Doctors Reversed Diabetes in Three Weeks
Last year they helped over 17,542 type 2 diabetics end the need for prescription drugs, insulin injections and blood sugar monitoring.
This year they’re on track to help over 30,000.
In just a few weeks, 96% of their patients are able to stop ALL diabetes medication and insulin injections.
No more neuropathy pain, pricking your finger, or the need for expensive medication.
Learn about this groundbreaking new research here: [The TRUTH about your Diabetes…]
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!