If you have hives(urticaria), it is likely that you cannot help but try to scratch yourself from time to time even though you know that you should not since scratching can be bad for your skin. For those who are not too familiar with hives, these are usually bumps that are usually colored red that appear on the skin. The bumps are usually raised and are very obvious on the skin.
HIVES(URTICARIA) AND ANGIOEDEMA CAUSES
Before people search for the remedies that can be done to help make hives go away, it is important to know what causes hives. Here are just some of the main causes of the skin condition:
- Allergies – People have various allergies in food, environment and even some of the ingredients found in the products that they use. It just so happens that some people are not that familiar with the allergies that they have. Do remember that when people have allergies, hives may appear just a few minutes after you get exposed to the allergen.
- Stress – Most of the time, you may not be giving that much attention to the stressful situations that you are going through. Some people do not even find time to de stress and forget about the things that they are worrying about. Stress can cause hives so if you do not want to have the condition, try to avoid stress.
- Infections – There are times when there are different infections going on and the appearance of hives are just one of the symptoms that can signify that something is wrong. There are times when the infection is caused by bacteria.
Here are just some of the primary causes of hives. There is a big possibility that there are more causes of hives that can be uncovered.
TOP 10 HOME REMEDIES TO GET RID OF HIVES FAST
There are various natural home remedies that people can try to get rid of hives. Some of these natural home remedies are the following:
There are a lot of people who are not aware how vitamins C can help get rid of hives. Aside from the fact that this vitamin is very good for the skin and is known to give a lot of good effects, Vitamin C is also known to reduce the possible effects of histamine and can help relieve the discomfort that you are feeling when you have the condition.
- Mix in Vitamin C and Zinc together.
- Apply the mixture topically on the skin.
- Wait for the mixture to become absorbed by the skin.
- This can be done about twice a day.
While most of the time, people think about oatmeal as something that can be eaten, uncooked oatmeal is also known to help relieve the itch brought about by the condition. Since scratching can aggravate the condition, it is highly important to make the itch go away and this can be done with the use of uncooked oatmeal.
- Prepare baking soda and uncooked oatmeal.
- Rub the baking soda and the uncooked oatmeal on the affected area of the skin.
- After rubbing, place cool cloths on the skin and secure properly.
Most people are not aware that the stinging nettle can actually be used to get rid of hives. It is likely that you do not even know that stinging nettle is used as one of the main ingredients of various medications and also topical creams.
- Prepare the parts of the stinging nettle that will be used to get rid of hives on the skin. Do remember that the fine hairs of the stinging nettle can aggravate the condition of your skin.
- Place the essence of the stinging nettle on the affected area of the skin.
- Do this every other day.
4.Apple Cider Vinegar
This home remedy is already well known in almost all of the skin conditions that may affect people. In fact, most home remedy lists will not be complete without including Apple Cider Vinegar. The vinegar is actually made out of apples mixed in with yeast and bacteria that can help get rid of various skin conditions with hives included.
- Create a pasty mixture using Apple Cider Vinegar and corn starch.
- Apply the paste on the affected area of the skin.
- This can be best done after bathing when the skin is more soft and absorbent.
It is a known fact that Aloe Vera can be used for different parts of the body. For instance, this is usually one of the home remedies used for the hair. It is also known to be good for the skin since it has a lot of components that can help relieve the itchiness brought about by the condition. There are also times when the aloe Vera can be used to help stop the inflammation of hives.
- Make sure that you have a fresh aloe Vera leaf and cut it in half.
- Get the clean gel from the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply the gel directly on the skin and leave it on the skin for about half an hour.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Do this at least twice a day.
It is possible that you are more concerned about the different things that you can apply on your skin or what you can drink in order to feel better. It is likely that you failed to realize that taking a cool bath can actually help a lot. The cool water can actually shrink the blood vessels of the skin and will help give relief to the discomfort that you are feeling.
- Prepare to take a cool bath.
- If you would like to soak, soak with cool water and add some grinded oatmeal for better effect.
- Rinse off.
- Take cool baths at least once a day.
7.Red Alder Bark
Most people are not that familiar with the Red Alder Bark but it is known to be very effective in getting rid of hives. You have two options on how you can take it. You may choose to brew it as tea and consume it or you may grind it and place it directly on the skin. If you choose to brew it, here are the things that you can do.
- Get clean Red Alder Bark.
- Brew it for about 10 minutes.
- Drink the brewed Red Alder Bark.
- You can take this as often as you like every day.
Green tea is already well known to have a lot of good benefits. Since its benefits are well known, it is not surprising anymore that a lot of people consume it every single day. For non tea drinkers, this is the tea of their choice when they need to drink something and this is actually good because people can get some benefits from it. The main reason why green tea is good for hives is because of catechins that can make the body better overall.
- Choose whether you would like fresh or dried green tea.
- Brew the tea for about 10 minutes.
- Place a small amount of honey to taste.
- Consume the green tea about 2 – 3 times a day.
9.Licorice Root Tea
One of the main problems that you might encounter when you have hives is the inflammation. Taking in Licorice Root tea can help get rid of the inflammation brought about by hives. Do remember that this tea is not recommended to be consumed if you are also taking in medications for diabetes because there may be some components that will not mix well with the Licorice Root tea.
- Brew the Licorice Root tea for about 15 minutes.
- Place some honey to make the taste get better.
- Drink once a day.
What the witch hazel does is it actually shrinks the blood vessels of the skin. When the blood vessels are smaller, it will be harder for the body to release histamine that might be causing the hives to appear greatly on the skin.
- Apply the Witch Hazel on the skin topically.
- Leave the Witch Hazel on the skin for a few minutes.
- You may choose to wash it off or to leave it on the skin.
Here are just some of the things that you may do in order to get rid of hives. Do remember that there are still a lot more home remedies that you can do to be sure.