Goya, or otherwise known as Karela, is a “bitter-melon” fruit that has been used for health benefits in countries all over the world for a long period of time. It grows well in humid and hot climates and can be mostly found in South America and Asia. It is a common traditional medicine in China, India, Asia and some southeastern parts of US.
This healthy melon has an extremely bitter taste, and its shape resembles a bumpy cucumber. However, the natural components in it were found to be able to treat patients diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
To be more specific, the founder of the effects of this amazing fruit was Dr. Frank Shallenberger M.D. who specializes in Anti Aging treatments and Alternative Medicine at the Nevada Center of Alternative & Anti- Aging Medicine.
Dr. Shallenberger always advises his patients to trust nature and use natural products and substances in treating any kind of sickness. He states that this miraculous fruit inhibits cancer cell growth effectively.
Namely, according to his latest findings, a 5% solution of bitter melon juice can fight pancreatic cancer.
This fruit destroys cancer cell lines by 90 and 98% percent. Its effect was further examined at the University of Colorado, and the results showed a reduction of 64% in the size of pancreatic tumors.
Therefore, this research only confirmed the benefits and powerful action of the bitter melon. Furthermore, it also plays a great part in the treatment of skin infection, diabetes symptoms, asthma, stomach problems and hypertension.
These are the most important health benefits of the bitter melon:
- It cleanses and detoxifies the liver, relieves gout pain and stimulates blood circulation.
- Goya juice increases the stability of yourimmune system and resistance of your body against infections.
- It stimulates food peristalsis and eases the digestionuntil the food is finally excreted through the bowel and out of the system.
- The bitter melon is rich in polypeptide-P, a phytonutrient which lowers blood sugar. Bitter melon also contains a special charantin, known to increase glycogen synthesis and glucose uptake in the liver, muscles, and adipose tissues. Both of them lower blood sugar, which is essential for patients with type-2 diabetes.
- It relieves the hangover, as it accelerates the metabolism, and at the same time, it nourishes and cleanses the liver after the consumption of alcohol.
- The regular consumption of its juice helps relieve psoriasisand fungal infections, such as Athlete’s feet and ringworms.
- It improves the eyesight and relieves the vision problem, as it is abundant in beta-carotene
- It is a source of folatewhich reduces the occurrence of neural tube defect in newborns.
- When consumed regularly, it boosts your stamina and energy level.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Your support in our endeavor of sharing free information would be much appreciated.