Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss.
The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
In this research paper alone, cucumbers are said to have the following benefits: potential antidiabetic, antioxidant activity, cleansing action of toxins and waste, soothing effect against skin irritation, and prevention of constipation. And here are 10 health benefits of cucumbers in more details.
Fight inflammation in the body and reduce the risk of cancer
Cucumbers can help lower the inflammatory response in the body. They contain polyphenols called lignans, which can potentially reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases.
They also contain plant nutrients called cucurbitacins, which have anti-cancer properties:
“Scientists have already determined that several different signaling pathways required for cancer cell development and survival can be blocked by activity of cucurbitacins.”
The cucumber diet is ideal for those who need something quick and simple.
Cucumber Diet Plan
- Salad with cucumbers is the basis of this diet and you can consume it in unlimited amounts. Add as many veggies to the salad so that it’s rich in nutrients.
- In addition to salad, each day eat: 2 boiled eggs or 1 can of albacore tuna.
- The only liquids that are permitted are water, tea, and coffee.
- Absolutely no alcohol, sugar or sugar substitutes.
- Remember, to stay feeling full, you can eat cucumbers in unlimited amounts or drink a shake of cucumbers.
Limit your physical activity as to not attempt any intense workout sessions during this time. However, some activity is good. Try relaxing long walks each day.