Castor oil is one of the best kept secrets in the world. Castor oil contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. Castor Oil consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids ( 90% of which are smade up of ricinoleic acid). This unique composition gives castor oil its unbelievable healing abilities. Ricinoleic acid is known to be effective in getting rid of and preventing viruses, bacteria, yeasts and molds.
A little History
Historically, castor oil was used as an oral laxative. However, today castor oil is mostly used and recommended as a topical application. It’s a cheap and effective remedy for many ailments. Castor oil has been used for many practical applications. In Russia, the stem of the plant is used in the textile industry.
Ricinus communis, the plant from which castor oil is extracted, is native to India. Along with amazing health benefits, the plant itself is known for being one of the most toxic plants on earth. However, there is nothing to worry about – castor oil is not toxic. When castor oil is extracted, the toxic part is left behind in the pulp of the seeds.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair[amazon text=Castor oil&asin=B0186U9736] has been well known for its medicinal properties. It’s often used as a laxative, but has a wide variety of other health benefits, including many pertaining to hair and hair growth, as well as for facial oil cleansing method, stretch marks, dark spots and more.
The oil has a unique chemical composition, which most likely contributes to its healing potential. It mostly consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids. It contains vitamin E, omega-6 fatty acids, minerals, and proteins, which are all important for the health of your hair and scalp.
Castor oil ([amazon text=here&asin=B0186U9736])
- Helps with hair regrowth and hair loss, Castor oil is able to penetrate into the pores and follicles that produce hair. Just massage a couple of drops of castor oil into your hair.
- Makes the hair richer and darker,
- Prevents split ends,
- Treats dandruff and dry scalp,
- Moisturizes the hair and makes it shine,
- Works in an antifungal and antibacterial way and can prevent problems such as piedra, ringworm, and folliculitis.
How to apply castor oil
It’s best to use castor oil as a hair mask. This is particularly helpful if you’re trying to regrow hair or give it more moist and shine.
- Castor oil has a thick consistency, so you can mix it with coconut oil, olive oil or jojoba oil in a half and half ratio. This will make the mask easier to distribute throughout your hair.
- Use your fingers or a brush and start applying it onto your scalp with circular motions. This gentle massage increases the blood circulation, rejuvenates the hair, and stimulates hair growth.
- Part hair into sections and apply the oil (mixture) to each section until all your hair is covered properly and evenly.
- Wrap your hair in a warm towel (you can also use a shower cap) and leave it for two to eight hours. You can also leave it over night. This will give the oil enough time to penetrate the follicles and hydrate your scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Wash your hair as usual using shampoo and conditioner, and for a thorough cleansing, you can use Zydot Ultra Clean. Make sure you rinse all the oil out of your hair.
How Often Should you Use Castor Oil?
This depends on your objective and type of hair.
If your aim is to treat hair loss, you will need to do it at least twice weekly, but even better if you can do it three or four times per week for several weeks. You can also add rosemary essential oil which is known to stimulate hair growth, and also work out to find the cause of the hair loss.
For split ends and increased shine, you can use the oil as a conditioner once weekly. Be careful not to use too much of it (a pea-sized amount should do) or you can end up with an over-oily scalp.
For best results use unrefined castor oil, as it contains more nutrients and healing properties.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article. If you found this information helpful, please share it with your friends and family. Your support in our endeavor of sharing free information would be much appreciated. (Want to try Castor Oil? Pick up a bottle of [amazon text=Organic Castor Oil By Sky Organics from this page on Amazon&asin=B0186U9736])