By Lindsay Sibson
Mmmmm, warm muffins, fresh out of the oven.
There is even MORE to love about these particular muffins because they are FULL of anti-inflammatories and antioxidants! Heck yea!
Benefits Of Eating Sweet Potatoes
- The flesh of sweet potatoes contains high levels of beta-carotene, which works to fight dangerous free radicals in your body. 
- Free radicals affect the DNA makeup of your cells and can cause mutations.
- Cell mutations lead to various cancers.
- Full of anti-inflammatory nutrients that work against chronic and acute inflammation. 
- Inflammation causes multiple chronic diseases and can lead to health issues if not treated.
Flourless Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoon of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Poke holes in your sweet potato and place on middle rack – cook for 60 minutes (or until soft).
- Remove sweet potato from oven and let cool.
- Scoop the sweet potato from the skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Discard the skin or eat it as a snack – it contains a lot of the same vitamins as the insides!
- Add olive oil, coconut milk and maple syrup to the sweet potato and mix until it is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the sweet potato and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the muffin pan and fill each tin until ⅔ full.
- Cook in the oven on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes (or until an inserted knife in the middle of the muffin comes out clean).
- Now take that muffin and eaaaaaaaaaaaat it.
Delicious muffins WITHOUT the” muffin top” – hallelujah!
Bake a batch today for your next holiday party and you will be sure to wow the crowd.
Don’t forget to SHARE this article with the bakers in your life as well!