There are times when you are travelling when you just feel the need to pop your ears. This is only common because you would like the ability to hear again. Sometimes, because of the buildup of pressure inside the ear, you may have some trouble hearing but popping your ears can help solve the problem.So how to pop your ears and relieve ear congestion?
For some people, they have learned how to pop their ears a long time ago but the fact that you are reading this right now might mean that you are having some trouble with popping your ears.
Before you figure out the various ways on how you can pop your ears, you first have to understand the reasons why your ears can give you discomfort. The Eustachian tube can be found inside the ear and it is in charge of making sure that there is just enough pressure on both sides of the ear.
When there is too much pressure build up inside the ear, the Eustachian tube becomes blocked and this can causes a very uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes, people are unable to hear anything while for others; the feeling can sometimes be painful. When the ears are not popped after the Eustachian tube becomes blocked, this can cause a variety of other ear diseases.
There are different ways by which you can pop your ear easily. Here are just some of the things that you can do in order to make your feel comfortable again.
TOP 10 NATURAL WAYS TO POP YOUR EARS FAST AND SAFELY
- Use Swallow to Pop Your Ears
At this point, you may be thinking why swallowing is included when you usually swallow unconsciously all throughout the day. Whenever you swallow, this might just cause enough pressure inside your body to force the Eustachian tube to become open again. This will help equalize the pressure that you are feeling inside your ears.
- Do remember that there will be times when you will find it hard to swallow probably because there is too much pressure that can be found in the ears.
- Try to swallow anyway or you may also drink water to help you swallow faster.
- Avoid Sleeping
There are some people who cannot help but sleep during long trips. While this can be comfortable for some because it might be their only time to nap, sleeping when the car is ascending or descending a mountain or when the plane is about to land will only increase the amount of pressure that can be found inside the ear. When people sleep, they do not swallow or chew and this can help make the pressure stay in much longer.
- It is okay to sleep as long as you know that you are far away from places that might cause air pressure on your ears.
- If you know that you are near the place and you are feeling sleepy, try to keep busy by doing various things.
One of the best things that you can do to help get rid of the pressure that you are starting to feel inside your ear is to start chewing. You have to remember that when you chew, you would have to chew properly. You will start to feel the pressure go away.
- You can choose to chew on the food that you are eating. If you do not have any food, a chewing gum can do.
- You can also depict the movement of chewing even when you are not chewing anything.
- Do this repeatedly until the pain goes away.
While you cannot force yourself to yawn, a lot of people feel the urge to yawn whenever they see someone else yawn. For others, the trigger may be as simple as seeing the word. Yawning can be very beneficial in helping to get rid of the air pressure that has built up inside the ears.
- Try to make yourself yawn by looking at a person who is yawning.
- Not breathing enough can also cause you to yawn.
- Think about yawning, it is likely that your body will do it afterwards.
- Use Nasal Spray to Pop Your Ears
Since the nose is connected to the ear, making use of nasal spray can help get rid of the air pressure that can be found inside the ear; Do remember that it can be a bit hard to continue using the nasal spray especially during a long flight because there are times when it can clog the ears further because of overuse. Make sure that you will only do it from time to time.
- Purchase nasal spray from a drugstore before your trip.
- You can also make your own nasal spray by mixing in salt and water.
- Place the tip of the spray on the nose and spray whenever the Eustachian tube feels blocked.
- Take Hard Candy
The main reason why you would need to take in candy is because this can help you swallow often. Like mentioned earlier, the more that you swallow, the more chances that the pressure in your air will go away.
- Eat hard candy that you like since this can make you swallow faster because you like the taste.
- Make sure not to eat too much candy since this can be bad for the teeth.
- Use Ear Drops to Pop Your Ears Fast
There is always a chance that making use of ear drops especially long flights can help get rid of the pressure that you are feeling inside your ear.
- Place a few drops of the ear drops inside one ear.
- Tilt your head the other way so that the liquid will not come out yet.
- After a few minutes drain the ear and clean it thoroughly.
- Do the same for the other ear.
- Take Hot Shower
There are times when the steam from the hot shower can make you breathe better and as a result, this can also help your ears feel better because the pressure is significantly lessened.
- Prepare a warm bath or take a warm shower.
- Do this for about 10 – 20 minutes.
- You will most likely be able to lessen the pressure on your ear considerably.
- Pinch Your Nostrils
Try to breathe out while pinching your nostrils; you might hear a pop followed by comfort because you can hear again.
- Place the tip of your index finger and your thumb on your nose.
- Try to breathe out.
- Do not blow too hard.
- You will hear a gentle popping sound on both ears.
- Seek Doctor’s Help
If in case you have tried the various things that are mentioned above and nothing have helped or if they helped, they did not help as much as you would like, you can consult your doctor about it. You would have to describe when the blocking took place and what are the things that you have done to try getting rid of the blockage.
- Make sure to follow what the doctor has advised you to do.
- If you are required to take some medications then by all means do so.
- Do not aggravate your condition further by trying out other things that are not proven to be safe.
With the different ways mentioned above on how to pop your ears, you will be able to feel comfortable even during long flights.