There are some people who are not too familiar with Bergamot but this comes from the peel or rind of Citrus Bergamia. This has a rather citrus smell but unlike other citrus fruits, it smells rather sweet and it has a deep sort of scent. There are not a lot of people who like this citrus scent but there are different people who appreciate its unique smell. Aside from its smell though, Bergamot essential oil is known for a lot of other things. It can be very effective for health and it can also help enhance people’s sense of well being.
It is important that people pay attention to the type of oil that they are going to purchase. There are different varieties in the market. When searching for Bergamot oil, it is important that you consider the different qualities of Bergamot oil. Remember that not all oils are created equal. There are some that are bound to be better than others. It is likely that the ones you can purchase over the counter does not contain pure essential Bergamot oil. When choosing the proper essential oil for you, consider the following:
- Search for oil that comes from a plant that has never been exposed to pesticides or even herbicides.
- Make sure that the oil has been extracted in proper temperatures.
- Check out the reviews about the essential oil brand that you are planning to purchase beforehand. If you see a lot of negative reviews, search for another one.
Aside from the fact that this is often used for perfume, a lot of people recognize it more for its different primary benefits. Here are the benefits and uses that can be received with the use of Bergamot Essential Oil.
Bergamot Essential Oil Benefits and Uses
- Anti Depressant
If you are searching for a natural anti depressant, you can rely on Bergamot oil to give you what you need. If you would inhale it, you will begin to feel a sense of joy. The sadness that you are feeling will diminish because the blood’s circulation will improve greatly.
- If you have an air diffuser, you can place a few drops of this together with water.
- Stay in the room and turn off the lights.
- Sit comfortably and gently inhale the scent of Bergamot.
- After some time, you will feel happier and you will begin to feel better.
- Aids in Digestion
One of the things that can make people stressed out is indigestion. This can make people feel uncomfortable and bloated. This can be avoided by using bergamot oil. It can help stimulate the secretion of digestive juices so that digestion can be easier and faster for the body.
- Get 1 – 2 drops of Bergamot oil.
- Massage on the stomach for a few minutes until the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- This is best done before meals for an easier digestion.
- Helps You to Relax
There will be moments when you will just be too stressed with work. You do not know how to unwind anymore. Instead of hoping you could get some days off when you know that it is not possible, you can start to expose yourself to Bergamot oil instead. Bergamot contains some flavonoids that can help the body start to relax. You can expect the following:
- It will get rid of any symptoms that are normally associated with stress.
- It will also help you sleep better at night.
- This can also help reduce high blood pressure.
- Effective in Removing Scars
Bergamot oil contains some agents that are responsible for the removal of various scars and marks on the skin. This is the main reason why a lot of cosmetic products contain this essential oil because it can be good for your ski. The use of bergamot oil on the skin can do the following:
- Removes unwanted marks and even sun spots.
- Helps in the distribution of pigments on the skin which can result to a more even skin tone.
- This is normally used as an effective remover of acne scars on the skin.