Did you know that down through the centuries thyme has been used for many ailments, from influenza to epileptic seizures? It was often mixed with equal parts of lavender and sprinkled on the floors of churches in the Middle Ages to eliminate any unwanted odors. Long before the discovery of modern medicine, crushed thyme was placed on bandages to promote wound healing and ward off infection.
The volatile essential oils in thyme are loaded with anti-rheumatic, anti-parasitic,anti-septic, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties.
If taken on a regular basis it can significantly help to reduce the viral load in the body which makes it very beneficial in dealing with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Vertigo, Tinnitus, and Multiple Sclerosis.
Thyme is packed with vitamins and minerals. It’s rich in potassium, iron and calcium, all of which contribute to blood pressure regulation, proper red blood cell formation and distribution of antioxidants in the body. It is rich in high in B-complex vitamins, vitamin A, C and folic acid. Thyme contains a variety of important bioflavonoids and volatile oils, including thymol. Thymol is an essential oil that has very powerful antioxidant properties.
Thyme has cancer preventive properties; containing terpenoids like rosmarinic andursolic acids. (Regular consumption of thyme has been shown to increase the amount of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid) in brain, kidney, and heart cell membranes).
Thyme’s essential oils have expectorant and bronchial antispasmodic properties treating…
- acute and chronic bronchitis
- sore throats
- treats inflammation of the mouth
- throat infections
- prevent gingivitis
Drink Thyme Tea Every Morning to Help Cure Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Multiple Sclerosis.
How to Make Thyme Tea
- Thyme (dried or a handful of fresh)
- A covered container for brewing & straining
How to make Thyme Tea, Instructions.
1) Put some herbs in your brewing container – about 1 tsp dried herbs per cup of water. For fresh herbs, use more.
2) Pour over water that’s just off the boil.
3) Cover and infuse for about 5 minutes.
4) Strain and serve.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Original article and credits: livingtraditionally
- Drop Toxic Sanitizers! They Cause the Skin to Absorb 10 times MORE of the Hormone Disrupting BPA Here is How to Make The Most Effective Hand Sanitizer - February 20, 2017
- Clean Your Arteries And Prevent Heart Attack And Stroke Only With One Glass Of This Powerful Drink - February 14, 2017
- This is what happens to your body when you eat 3 whole eggs a day - February 14, 2017