As hard as it may be to believe right now, spring is just around the corner. Okay, we will admit that it’s pretty far around the corner, but that won’t keep us from dreaming about warmer, brighter days!
To keep your mind off of the remaining winter months, we have this wonderful tutorial for making adorable crochet puff flowers. If you can crochet, you can make these flowers. (If you can’t crochet, don’t worry. It’s very easy to learn!) Just follow along with the instructions in this video.
If you prefer written instructions, we have those, too!
- Yarn (one color for the center, and several colors for petals)
- 4.55 mm crochet hook
1. Crochet a chain of four and stick the needle into the fourth chain and pull the yarn through. This will create a circle. In that first chain, make 12 double crochets. Then, slip stitch into the first chain and tie off. That’s the center of your flower!
To make the petals, choose another color of yarn.
2. Then, pull your yarn through the third chain of the center and secure it with a knot. Hold your loose ends towards the direction you will be working so that they get incorporated into the flower as you go.
3. Reinsert your hook back into the same loop that you initially pulled the second colored yarn through. Create a loop and chain three. You will then wrap your yarn back around and go back through the original space of the petal that you started with.
4. Pull the yarn through to create a stitch that is the same length as your chain of three. Again, wrap your yarn around your hook, insert it into the original space, wrap your yarn over, pull through, and then pull up.
After all of that, you will have created three stitches.
5. Next, wrap your yarn around your hook and insert it into the next chain space on the flower’s center. Yarn over again, pull through and pull up. Repeat that in the same chain space until you have three loops for that one chain space.
6. Once you have all three, wrap the yarn around your hook and pull it through all of the loops you’ve made so far (there should be six including the chain of three). Then, create two chains. That’s your first petal!
7. To create your next petal, go to the next chain in the center circle and repeat steps 2-6. Repeat those steps until you have six petals.
8. After completing all of the petals, you should have one last chain space. Insert your hook into that chain, wrap the yarn, and pull through. Cut the yarn and pull it nice and tight.
There you have your first crochet puff flower!
While this may seem like a lot of steps, we assure you that it’s quite simple once you get the hang of it. Just be sure to watch the video for a more detailed explanation. It will also give you plenty of tips and ideas for your flowers.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.