Oil pulling is ancient Ayurveda method for detoxification and improving the oral health. With this method, you will pull out all harmful bacteria and fungi from the mouth, gums, throat and teeth.
All you need is coconut or sesame seed oil.
Benefits of Oil Pulling.
1. Bad Breath. Chemicals and gases produced by bacteria, creating an unpleasant smell in your mouth (halitosis). Oil pulling reduces the bad breath effectively, the same as synthetic mouthwash or breath-fresher.
2. Gums and Mouth. Oil pulling prevents diseases of the gums and mouth such as cavities, gingivitis, or bleeding gums. Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums, which occurs when the bacteria in the plaque attacking your immune system. On the other hand, increasing of harmful bacteria in the mouth cause cavities. In such cases, coconut oil is the best solution, because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
3. TMJ and Jaw Soreness. Oil pulling relieves the pain from temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ) and jaw soreness. Initially, oil pulling may be painful, but later the pain will decrease and your jaw will be stronger.
4. White Teeth. Did you know that the white strips for teeth whitening contain bleach, tar, aluminum, aspartame, fluoride and benzene? All these ingredients are toxic. Oil pulling is a real alternative that will give you a brighter, whiter smile, healthier gums and a nice pink tongue in just two weeks
5. Skin Conditions. You can improve your skin condition eliminating the toxins from the body. Each application of oil pulling would rid you of acne, eczema, psoriasis and other dermatological diseases.
6. Headaches and Migraines. Although headaches are getting for expanding blood vessels and migraine because of their narrow, the main reason is retention of toxins in the body, which leads to irritation of the nervous system. Oil pulling eliminates bacteria and toxins from the body, which mean removing of these two conditions.
7. Detox. When poor diet, stress and environmental toxins will overload your immune system, the toxic waste spreads throughout the body and causes chronic inflammation. The mouth is a hotbed of bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. Oil pulling will easily avoid further penetration of bacteria in the body.
8. Kidney and Liver Function. Oil pulling helps reduce the stress of the liver and kidneys because it does not allow these bacteria and parasites to reach them.
9. Hormone Balances. Accumulation of toxins in your body causes hormone imbalance. Oil pulling improves hormonal balance, regulates menstrual cycles and reduces the symptoms of PMS.
10. Against Asthma and Congestion. Oil pulling eliminates the symptoms of asthma and bronchitis. These two diseases are a result of the body’s inflammatory response and oil pulling will certainly reduce the asthma and congestion.
Oil Pulling – How To
Sesame seed oil is commonly used for oil pulling because of its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antiviral properties. The coconut oil is a great replacement.
- In the morning on an empty stomach, before you drink any liquid, take 1 tsp. of sesame seed or coconut oil orally and wait for it to melt in the mouth.
- Swish oil in your mouth for 20 minutes.
- Spit out oil into a trash can. Remember! Do not swallow the oil because it is full of toxic bacteria.
- Rinse your mouth with salt warm water.
- Brush your teeth with natural toothpaste without fluoride.
Now you can continue with your daily routine.
For example, you could start with a glass of warm lemon water.
Do oil pulling every day, one month a year.
- How to Get Rid of White Spots on Teeth Fast
- Homemade toothpaste with coconut oil, turmeric & peppermint to whiten teeth and reverse gum disease
- The Little-Known Inexpensive Teeth Whitener and Detox Agent
- 4 Natural Ways to Stop Teeth Grinding and the Headaches, Poor Sleep and Tooth Decay It Causes
- 12 Homemade Remedies To Strengthen Sensitive Teeth (And What Foods To Avoid)
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!