- You can get rid of dry and itchy scalp caused by dandruff on the scalp.
- You can also get rid of head lice that may cause some bumps on your scalp.
- Hair loss can be prevented with the use of tea tree oil.
What Is Tea Tree Oil
You may already know the different things that tea tree oil can do but you are not sure where Tea Tree Oil comes from. Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of Tea Tree. This has started in Australia although it is now available in various parts of the world. Some people refer to Tea Tree Oil as “medicine in a bottle” because of the different benefits that it can provide.
Why You Need to Protect Your Hair
Most people would like to protect their hair because they want to look good. Hair is people’s crowning glory but aside from this reason, hair should be protected because it is fragile. Hair is exposed to a lot of elements. Whenever you expose your hair to smoke, you are making it more vulnerable. Whenever you color your hair and whenever you expose it to heat, you are making your hair weaker.
You might think that you are protecting your hair whenever you use shampoos and conditioners but did you choose the right shampoo and conditioner wisely? Remember that some shampoos and conditioners contain some chemicals that can end up damaging your hair instead of nourishing and moisturizing it.
How Tea Tree Oil Can Help
With all of the things that you have to do with your hair, you can improve its condition by using Tea Tree Oil. You may be wondering at this point how tea tree oil can help. Here are just some of the things that Tea Tree Oil can do:
- Tea Tree Oil does not contain chemicals that can harm the hair.
- Tea Tree Oil also helps in removing the bacteria, virus and fungi that have gotten stuck on the scalp.
- If your hair is naturally oily or you get too much oil left behind on your scalp, you can use Tea Tree Oil to get rid of the excess oil.
- The excess skin or dead skin left behind on the scalp can also be removed by Tea Tree Oil.
- Tea Tree Oil can get rid of any unpleasant smell on the hair due to being exposed to various environmental factors. At the same time, hair can also stay fresh longer.
Various Advantages of Using Tea Tree Oil on Hair
When you use Tea Tree Oil on your hair, here are some of the things that you can expect:
- When it comes to viral and bacterial infections on your hair, you can rely on Tea Tree oil to get rid of these issues.
- Your hair and scalp will be moisturized with Tea Tree Oil which means that your hair will healthier.
- Tea Tree Oil is effective and you will not get disappointed with using it on your hair for your various skin problems.
Facts You Ought to Know About Tea Tree Oil
If you are a bit hesitant to use Tea Tree Oil on your hair, then you should know more facts about it. The more that you know about it, the more convinced you will be why you need it.
- Tea Tree Oil can be used in any hair type. Whether your hair is curly, wavy or straight, you can benefit from using it.
- Aside from hair problems, this can also be used for some skin and respiratory issues.
- Tea Tree Oil has been used by people for a lot of their hair issues for decades already which means that it works well.
Now that you know the different advantages that you can get plus the things that Tea Tree Oil can do for your hair, here are the things that you can do:
Since Tea Tree Oil can induce hair growth, you should use it in order to unclog your hair follicles. This will also nourish your roots so that your hair can grow faster than usual.
- Place a few drops of tea tree oil and mix it with any carrier oil like lavender oil.
- Massage the oil mixture on your scalp. Make sure that you will only use your fingers and not your nails.
- You will know if it has reached your scalp if you will feel like your scalp is tingling.
At this point, you may be wondering why there is a need for tea tree oil to be mixed with carrier oil. This is because it can be too strong and may have some bad effects on the scalp.
Tea Tree Oil to Prevent Hair Fall
Hair fall is one of the main issues of people. Both men and women fear that their hair is going to thin out. This can always be prevented with the use of Tea Tree Oil.
- Mix tea tree oil with olive oil. Olive Oil is highly effective because of its anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.
- Make sure that you will apply it near the scalp and massage it for a few minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Do this once every day and you will see your hair start to grow thicker.
Dandruff can be very unsightly especially when you cannot control the itch. Your tendency is to scratch your scalp and little white flakes will start appearing on your shoulders. If you are trying to impress someone and that person sees the flakes, it can be a big turn off. The use of Tea Tree Oil can help prevent the appearance of dandruff and at the same time, will improve the condition of your hair and scalp.
- Add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil on your normal shampoo.
- Shampoo your hair as usual.
- Let the shampoo with the oil stay on your hair and scalp for about 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Make sure that you will rinse off the mixture completely.
Tea Tree Oil to Prevent Dry Scalp
As much as possible, you would like your hair to be moisturized and nourished but this will be hard to do if you do not use the right products to protect your hair and scalp. For the prevention of dry scalp, you can make use of jojoba oil.
- Mix Tea Tree Oil with Jojoba oil.
- Massage the mixture that you have created on your scalp.
- Leave on the hair for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the oil and dry your hair afterwards.
- You can do this whenever your suspect that your scalp is dry.
Read: Tea Tree Oil for Scalp
Tea Tree Oil as a Hot Oil Treatment
Do you go to the parlor in order to get hot oil treatments for your hair? Hot oil treatments are meant to make your hair softer and healthier looking. Why spend a lot of money on this hair treatment when you can do it on your own at home?
- Heat water first and remove it from the heat source before it starts boiling.
- In a separate container, place your carrier oil and tea tree oil and heat it over the water.
- Make sure that the oil mixture is not too hot. You can do this by testing its heat on your wrist.
- Once you are happy with the temperature, you can start placing it on your hair.
- Separate your hair into different sections so you can thoroughly place the oil on various parts.
- Once you have placed it on all sections, massage your hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it on your hair for half an hour.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- You may need to do this once a week.
Tea Tree Oil as a Hair Mask
There will be moments when you just want to improve your hair’s current condition. Even if you think that it is healthy, there will be times when it needs help. You can use Tea Tree Oil mixed in with other ingredients that contain some nutrients and minerals needed by the hair.
- Search for plain yogurt.
- Add Argan oil and honey.
- Do not forget to add your tea tree oil.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and slowly massage it to the tips of your hair.
- Leave for about 10 minutes on the hair.
- Rinse with warm water.
Other Uses of Tea Tree Oil
Like mentioned earlier, Tea Tree Oil is not only used for the hair and scalp. You can use it for a lot of other purposes. Some of the least known uses of Tea Tree Oil are the following:
- It can be a mosquito repellent – Are you sick and tired of being bombarded by mosquitoes every time you are outdoors? You can always use a gel or a lotion to repel mosquitoes but if you want something natural, you can make Tea Tree Oil soap. Remember that you cannot place the oil directly on your skin as your skin may become irritated in the process.
- It can be used to cure ear infection – Are you suffering from ear infection? You do not have to deal with this any longer as long as you have Tea Tree Oil at home. Just remember that if your infection is in the inner ear, you cannot use this as a remedy anymore.
- It can be used to relieve the discomfort of having “Pink Eye.”- At some point in your life, you will suffer from Pink Eye and it will be uncomfortable to say the least. You can reduce the pain and itch that you are feeling by using Tea Tree Oil mixed with green tea.
- It can be used to get rid of warts – Warts can be unsightly and they may increase in number if you would not do anything to remove them from your skin. Tea Tree Oil mixed with carrier oil placed on the warts will help remove the warts naturally although it may take longer as compared to having your warts cauterized.
Some Precautions in Using Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil comes with a lot of benefits and advantages especially for the hair but it does not mean that there are no precautions that you have to note. In order to use Tea Tree Oil safely, here are a few things that you can do:
- It is best if you would do a patch test with Tea Tree Oil before you apply it on your hair because you may be one of the few who are allergic to it.
- There is always a need for Tea Tree Oil to be mixed with another carrier oil or other items because it can be too strong on its own. If you would apply it on its own, it may end up irritating your hair and scalp more instead of giving you the benefits that you are expecting to receive from it.
- Too much Tea Tree Oil can actually make your hair brittle and weak.
- If in case you are not sure with the amount of Tea Tree Oil you are going to place on your hair, you can ask a medical professional about it first so that your hair can be assessed.
- It is only normal that when you use Tea Tree oil for the first time, your hair may start to become dry. Give it a bit of time and it will start to improve.
Hopefully, you will follow the things that are mentioned above. Did using tea tree oil help you a lot? What are your thoughts about its effectiveness? Feel free to share your stories and your comments so other people will also become enlightened.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
- How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast With These 9 Natural Remedies - January 23, 2017
- Homemade Bread Recipes: You’ll Never Buy Bread Again - January 23, 2017
- Cinnamon and honey fights off colds, flu, acne, weight loss and more - January 23, 2017