Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
These 5-ingredient coconut oil fat bombs melt in your mouth and pack a dose of energy!
With the myth of low-fat diets being widely dispelled, healthy fats like coconut oil have come out of hiding and into the forefront of a nutrient-dense diet. Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are more easily utilized by the body to help combat ailments like heart disease. Coconut oil is also versatile enough to use in both sweet recipes like brownies and more savory dishes like curry.
For this recipe, coconut oil acts as the glue that keeps everything soft and chewy. Best of all, these mini treats can be assembled quickly and easily!
Start by adding coconut oil, shredded coconut, honey and vanilla bean in a blender (real vanilla bean powder can be found in the seasoning section at most grocery stores). Pulse the ingredients until well combined and crumbly. Using a tablespoon, scoop out mixture and use your hands to form into round balls. Not to worry if the balls aren’t sticking together at this point–the mixture will harden when cooled. Pop the bombs into the freezer for 10 minutes and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
The flavor of these bite-sized sweets is a mix of refreshing coconut and dark chocolate–similar to Mounds bars without all the sugar and processed ingredients. They make a great on-the-go snack when you need a midday energy boost or for those late night cravings.
Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Baking sheet or plate
- Wax paper
- Double boiler
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 ounces raw dark chocolate chips
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla bean powder, optional
- In a blender, add shredded coconut, coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla bean powder. Blend until mixture is fine and crumbled.
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with wax paper. Using a tablespoon-size measuring spoon, scoop mixture and form into small mounds, using your hands. Set onto wax paper. Place in freezer 10 minutes to set.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth. Use a butter knife to drizzle coconut bombs with chocolate. Place back into the refrigerator to set 10 minutes. Store your coconut oil fat bombs in the refrigerator and enjoy whenever you’d like!
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)