This delicious stew is perfect for vegetarians or meat eaters. And it’s full of healthy fats! Comforting and warm, it’s one the whole family can enjoy for dinner. Add in some chicken or tofu for extra protein. If you’re enjoying a bit of grains, this pairs nicely with wild rice.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to sputter. Then add the onions and cook for another minute, and then, add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy! Leftover stew can be stored in air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.
Nutritional analysis per serving
calories 204 • fat 24 g • saturated fat 20 g • cholesterol 0 mg • fiber 6 g • protein 6 g • carbohydrate 18 g • sodium 588 mg
The Paleo Diet new secret cookbook is the healthiest way you can eat to stay lean, strong, energetic and to minimize the possibilities of such diseases as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, infertility, depression.
It's based on our ancestors paleolithic way of eating with meat, fish ,vegetables, eggs, fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, healthy fats and oils. A Paleo diet can save your life. It's fit for everybody and everywhere.
World renowned, most respected in Paleo community Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold has written this incredibly new Recipe book "Paleo Eats Cookbook", available to be shipped right to your door for FREE. - All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost.
It's recipes are simple, easy to make, nutritious, delicious also fit for lifestyles on the go.
Jump in line on the Paleo community bandwagon. Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!) Bon Appetit.
- Homemade Cauliflower Breadstick Recipe
- Cauliflower and Chia Seed Crust with Heart, Cancer Prevention and Brain Benefits
- Roast Cauliflower with Turmeric to Create a Powerful Anti-inflammatory, Anti-Cancer Snack
- The 2-Ingredient Coconut Milk Kefir Recipe that Heals the Gut and Relieves Bloating
- Avocado Egg Salad Recipe With Turmeric and Black Pepper