Banana is one of my favorite fruits, and I don’t need to be convinced why I should eat them, but for all the others here are 7 good reasons why you should eat this healthy fruit:
Health Benefits of Bananas:
1. Banana is the best sources of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure, heart health and bone strength. One banana contains 450 mg of potassium, four times higher than cereal, bread and more. Eating two bananas a day will contribute to the prevention of hypertension, atherosclerosis and building our bones. Bananas also reduce the risk of stroke.
2. Bananas are low in sodium, and contain one mg per unit. Much of our daily diet sources, such as cereals, crackers and bread contain hundreds of milligrams of sodium. Reduction in sodium consumption is important in preventing high blood pressure, heart disease and blood vessels and loss of calcium from the bones.
3. Bananas contain prebiotic fiber that contributes to the digestive system. This helps to prevent diarrhea resulting from infection in the intestine, strengthen the immune system, protects against colon cancer and more. Prebiotic fibers also contribute to increased mineral absorption from the intestine, reducing cholesterol absorption and balance sugar levels.
4. A Swedish study showed that whole fruits and vegetables, especially bananas, help protect against kidney cancer. It was found that women who consumed more vegetables and fruits, decreased their risk of the disease, and those who consumed four to six bananas per week reduced the risk of kidney cancer by about half.
6. The high potassium content of bananas helps improve the health condition after consuming much alcohol, and helps prevent the feeling of a hangover.
7. Banana contains tryptophan, an amino acid that makes serotonin, an active ingredient in the nervous system. Among other functions, it regulates sleep and appetite and aids in creating a sense of relaxation. Therefore it is recommended to eat banana with the slight appearance of hunger during the day.If you want to utilize the health benefits of bananas, here is an excellent way to consume banana is in these delicious banana smoothies, which I’m sure you’ll love:
- 23 Foods Rich in Iodine - February 26, 2017
- How to Cook Kale & Make it Taste Good - February 26, 2017
- 10 Dangerous Brain-Damaging Habits to Stop Immediately - February 26, 2017